Our sizing is based on a simple scale from 1 to 7. Below is a conversion chart to determine your usual comparable size.
|Size Conversion Chart|
To assist you in confirming your correct size, below are our measurement charts in both centimetres and inches.
|Swim Measurement Chart|
|Petite Triangle Top Measurement Chart|
|Bust (A/B cup)||78||30||83||32||88||34||93||36||98||38||103||40||108||42|
|Bust (C/D cup)||81||32||86||34||91||36||96||38||101||40||106||42||111||44|
|Bust (DD/E cup)||85||34||90||36||95||38||100||40||105||42||110||44||115||46|
|Plunge Top Measurement Chart|
|Bust (A/B/C cup)||80||31||85||33||90||35||95||37||100||39||105||41||110||43|
|Bust (D/E cup)||85||33||90||35||95||37||100||39||105||41||110||43||115||45|
|Maillot Length Measurement Chart|
|General Apparel Measurement Chart|
If you're unsure, we suggest you take your measurements to determine your best fit. For accuracy, have someone else measure you. Ensure the measuring tape is straight (parallel to the floor) and snug, but not tight, to your body.
For tops, take bust and underbust measurements.
For briefs, take waist and hip measurements.
For maillots, take all measurements.
Measurements should be taken as follows:
- Bust: Measure around the fullest part of you bust - this is usually across your nipple line and straight across your shoulder blades.
- Underbust: Measure around your rib cage, immediately under your bust.
- Waist: Measure around your natural waistline - this is usually the narrowest point on your waist.
- Hips: Measure around the fullest part of your low hip - this is approximately 20cm below your natural waistline (the tape should run across the middle of your buttocks).
- Torso: Start the measuring tape at the mid-point of your shoulder (between your shoulder point and neck), run the tape measure down your back and up through your legs toward the starting end of the tape measure. Depending on the length of your tape measure it is likely that you won’t be able to get the ends of the tape to meet - there will be a gap. If so, measure the gap and then add this to the overall tape measurement length. The total will give you your torso length.
- Please note, our swimwear is designed to fit firm on the body to eliminate bagging and wrinkling. Your briefs/maillot will feel firm when pulling them up and over your hips, but once adjusted into place will provide some compression on the body. If you prefer a less firm fitting swimsuit, we recommend that you order a size larger than your regular size.
You are currently on our Australia & New Zealand store. To view our International store and ship to rest of world please click here.
For all Australian orders over $240, we provided FREE Express Post shipping (delivery approx 1-2 business days after dispatch) via Australia Post.
For all Australian orders under $240, shipping will be calculated at checkout. You can choose between the following Australia Post services:
- Parcel Post (delivery approx 5 business days after dispatch), or
- Express Post (delivery approx 1-2 business days after dispatch).
New Zealand orders
For all New Zealand orders, we offer International Express for a flat-rate of $10 (delivery approx 3-5 business days after dispatch) via Australia Post.
Please check with the New Zealand Customs authority on any customs duties or taxes that are payable by you. Customs duties or taxes are not payable by Matteau.
General shipping overview
All successful orders placed will be processed within 2 business days of receiving your order. You will receive your tracking number via email once your order is dispatched.
The delivery timeframes indicated above are based on addresses in metro areas, if you are in a regional area please allow an additional 1-2 business days.
Please consider the shipping address you provide – you should provide an address that will be attended during normal business hours as a signature and proof of identity are required on delivery of all orders. If you are not at the delivery address to accept the goods yourself, any person who accepts the goods on your behalf constitutes evidence of successful delivery.
In the instance that you have given incorrect delivery details please ensure you email us immediately upon successful placement of your order. Once your order has been dispatched Matteau cannot be held responsible if any information you provided was incorrect.
If you require more information on shipping, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer FREE returns and exchanges for Australian customers*.
Returned merchandise must be in original condition, with all tags and hygiene seals still attached. Garments must not have been worn or washed.
Please follow our returns process below:
- Complete the return request (electronic form below) within 7 days of the date of delivery, indicating whether you would like to return for a refund or exchange.
- You will receive an email response with an RGA number (Returned Garments Authorisation), as well as a Prepaid ParcelPost Return Label that you should print out and attach to your package (for Australian customers only, on full-price purchases).
Complete the Returns Form that was included with your delivery – ensure you complete all sections of the form.
- Please package the garments up with the completed Returns Form and lodge at an Australia Post facility over the counter (within 14 days of the date you received your delivery) to:
Matteau Pty Ltd
PO Box 1175
Noosaville QLD 4566
Matteau is not responsible for any returns lost in transit – it is recommended you include tracking and insurance for your protection.
Returns outside of this period will not be accepted. Matteau reserves the right to deny unauthorised returns that do not meet or follow our return policy and procedures.
Upon receipt of your returned merchandise, they will be checked over prior to final approval to process your refund or exchange. Your return or exchange will be processed within 3-5 business days of receiving the returned garment(s). Shipping costs will not be refunded.
Exchanged items will be dispatched via Australia Post’s standard eParcel Post. If you require your exchange urgently we recommend placing a new order and sending your items back for a refund, to avoid any delay.
*Customers located in New Zealand are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
*Free Returns are only provided on the first return in relation to that order. In the instance that you have requested multiple exchanges, you will be responsible for return postage and will be charged postage to send the exchanged items back to you - we will contact you to process an additional payment.
*Refunds are not offered on sale items or items purchased using a discount code as part of a sale promotion. Customers may request an exchange on discounted items, however free returns are not offered. Customers are responsible for the cost of return postage. Pending item availability, we will make all reasonable attempts to secure exchange requests.
If you have misplaced your returns form, you can download one here.
If you require more information on returns or exchanges, please email us at email@example.com.
With Afterpay, you can buy what you want today and pay it off over four fortnightly instalments.
To make a purchase using Afterpay, all you need is:
- An Australian credit card or debit card
- An Australian residential address
- To be aged over 18.
The process to use Afterpay is very simple:
- Add items to your shopping bag and proceed to the checkout as normal
- Select Afterpay as your payment method - you will be redirected to the Afterpay website
- Register for Afterpay or login to your Afterpay account
- Enter or verify your payment details and confirm your order
Please note: The funds for the first payment must be available on your nominated card at the time of checkout.
For further information, please review the Afterpay terms and conditions.
How do I return an item purchased with Afterpay?
You can return your Afterpay purchase if you are unhappy for any reason. We will gladly accept the return of the merchandise within 14 days of your receipt of the order. Returned merchandise should be unworn and in its original condition including tags and hygiene stickers. Customers will be responsible for shipping and handling charges for any returns. For more information you can find more information within our Returns Policy.
What if I can’t pay an instalment?
If you fail to make a payment, you will be charged a $10 late payment fee by Afterpay with a further $7 late payment fee added seven days later if the payment is still unpaid. For further information, please review the Afterpay terms and conditions.
What cards does Afterpay accept?
Afterpay currently accepts Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards issued in Australia. Unfortunately, Afterpay does not accept any prepaid cards or foreign debit/credit cards.
When will my first payment be charged?
All new Afterpay customers are required to make their first payment at the time of purchase. You will no longer be considered a ‘new’ customer once you have fully paid off your first order and 6 weeks have passed since you placed that order. For online orders under $500 placed thereafter, your first payment will only be deducted 2 weeks after your purchase and your last payment deducted 8 weeks after purchase. For all orders over $500, your first payment will always be deducted at the time of purchase.
When will I get my order?
Afterpay is simply a payment method, so processing and dispatch of your order is no different to any other order placed with us. You can visit our shipping page for more information on order processing and dispatch timeframes.
Who do I contact if I have questions about Afterpay?
If you have any queries about Afterpay, including payments, declined orders or your Afterpay account, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Afterpay, visit the FAQs on the Afterpay website.
Is there a minimum order value for Afterpay?
Afterpay can be used for orders over $20.
When washing your swimsuit, we recommend using the Ms BROWN Matteau Swim Wash - a 100% biodegradable laundry liquid, made in Australia and designed especially for gently cleansing your Matteau swimsuits. The pure essential oils of Lemon Peel, Neroli and Frankincense combine for a delightful floral and citrus fragrance, reminiscent of the Australian summer. Available in 500ml and a travel friendly 250ml, you can shop yours here.
We’ve put together these five simple steps to best cleanse and preserve your swimsuit.
- 1. Half fill a ten litre bucket or a sink with cold water and add approximately one capful of Ms BROWN Matteau Swim Wash to the water. Disperse the detergent by agitating the water. Alternatively, use a mild soap you have on hand.
- 2. Immerse your swimsuit(s) in the water and gently swirl, paying extra attention to any soiled patches like deodorant or sunscreen marks. Leave to sit in the water for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Hold the swimsuit to the side of the bucket and pour out the soapy water. Fill the bucket again with clean water. Move the garment around in the water to rinse off any excess product. Empty bucket and repeat only if necessary.
- 4. To remove excess moisture, gently press the item in a ball against the side of the empty bucket. Never wring your swimsuit as it will stretch out of shape and damage the fibres. If you need to dry your suit quickly, lie your swimsuit flat on a clean towel and gently roll. You may need to repeat this process on a drier section of towel.
- 5. Gently arrange your garment into shape and drip dry in the shade.
Do not use fabric softeners. Do not wring, soak or bleach. Do not tumble dry, iron or dry clean. Drip dry in shade. Do not leave rolled up wet. Chlorine, spa baths, tanning products, sunscreen and oils can cause damage or mark garments – avoid contact and rinse immediately. Avoid contact with rough surfaces to prevent pulls in fabric.
We have included sizing charts that will assist you in determining your correct size. You can find our sizing charts here.Do you ship worldwide?
Yes, we ship worldwide. However, as you are accessing our Australia & New Zealand website, you will only be able to ship to an address within Australia or New Zealand. If you are located in a country other than Australia or New Zealand, you should switch to our International website. If you have any questions related to shipping, please email us at email@example.com and we can provide further information or a shipping estimate. For full details on our shipping policy, please click here.Do I need to sign for my order when it arrives?
Depending on the shipping method selected, you may be required to sign for your delivery. Please ensure you provide a delivery address that is attended during business hours.What payment methods do you accept?
We accept payment via PayPal, Visa and Mastercard credit or debit cards, as well as Afterpay.How do I pay with AfterPay?
During checkout, Afterpay is offered as a payment option for Australian customers only. Afterpay allows you to receive your order straight away, then pay your purchase off in four interest-free fortnightly payments. When you select Afterpay as your payment method, you will be redirected to the Afterpay website to process your transaction. You will need to register with Afterpay, or simply log in if you already have an account. To register you will need a debit or credit card, an Australian residential address and be aged over 18 years.How long will my order take to arrive?
All successful orders placed will be processed within 2 business days of receipt. You will receive an email when your order is dispatched. The delivery timeframe depends on the shipping method selected at checkout. For full details on our shipping policy, please click here.How do I track my order?
Once your order is dispatched, you will receive an email that will include your tracking number. This will allow you to track your order via the Australia Post website. If you require further information about your delivery, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you further.Am I liable for customs or duties on my order?
Yes, you are liable for any import customs duties or taxes that are applicable to your order, determined by your local customs authority. Please check with your local customs authority on any customs duties or taxes that are payable by you – regulations and guidelines differ by country. Customs duties or taxes are not payable by Matteau.Can I return my order?
Yes, we offer FREE returns to Australian customers. You can return your order for a full refund (excluding shipping charges paid), assuming goods are unworn and in original condition. Customers located in Australia are also able to request an exchange (rather than refund), if preferred. All returns are bound by our Returns Policy. To make a return, please follow our process here.How do I care for my swimwear?
Cold hand wash in mild soap to remove chlorine or salt from garment. Do not use fabric softeners. Do not wring, soak or bleach. Do not tumble dry, iron or dry clean. Drip dry in shade. Do not leave rolled up wet. Chlorine, spa baths, tanning products, sunscreen and oils can cause damage or mark garments – avoid contact and rinse immediately. Avoid contact with rough surfaces to prevent pulls in fabric.How can I contact you?